The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding- provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport will be allocated to primary schools.
At William Austin we have been allocated £10,950 and details of our aims and how we plan to spend it are below:
- To increase the number of sports clubs on offer to allow further pupil participation and to provide a greater variety of clubs. This will continue to develop pupil confidence and self-esteem as well as the physical, health and social aspects of PE.
- To provide specific staff training to develop subject knowledge.
- To enhance technology used in PE lessons.
- To provide transport to and from sports matches.
- To implement the use of sports leaders in lessons.
We will use the money to:
- Pay for sports coaches to provide extra clubs in netball, hockey, street dance, cheerleading and gymnastics and additional clubs in the summer. (to be confirmed)
- Provide staff development in Games and PE through INSET sessions and courses.
- Purchase mini iPads to use in PE lessons and sports clubs for self and peer assessment.
- Purchase sports equipment to aid pupil learning and differentiate accordingly in lessons.
- Purchase a mini-bus for transport to and from sports matches.
- Purchase coloured bibs, umpiring equipment and further resources to enable Year 4, 5 and 6 pupils to be organised into leadership groups.
We will be evaluating the impact of the Sports Premium towards the end of the academic year.