We continue to monitor the advice from the Government and the NHS on a daily basis. As you will appreciate events are continually changing and we will continue as normal, until there is a clear directive to do something different.
If your child tests positive for Covid-19
Please let the school office know immediately.
If this happens during a school holiday then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will contact you.
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus.
Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin or cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow, rather than your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
If your child is unwell and presents with flu-like symptoms, please do not send them into school. If you are worried about their symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environments.
Coronavirus School Closure Procedure
Our school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- on instruction from the Department for Education.
- on advice, if there is a confirmed case within our school community.
The decision to open school, or not, will be communicated to staff and parents via ParentMail,Twitter & the school website as soon as the decision is made.
In the event of school closure, please be assured that we have in place a contingency plan to continue to educate pupils remotely. Please see our Remote Education - Google Classroom pages for information to support home learning.